Regardless of what you’re good at, there are many ways to make extra money, whether it’s a part-time or side job. While side jobs won’t bring you wealth, they can help you to save some money, get out of debt, or reach the desired purchase. Many side jobs are flexible and online, allowing you to work them at any time of the day.
Let’s explore 5 most accessible ways to earn some extra cash:
- Оffer your services to neighbours. There are many options for you to make money with your spare time, ranging from babysitting and dog walking to grocery helping. The best way to advertise yourself is to sign up on local service search sites like the Fee4Bee in Canada. There are literally thousands of side jobs available, and you should pick one that matches your skillset and time availability.
- Selling items. You can sell your used items, and earn extra money while clearing out your garage or backyard. You can also offer to sell other people’s unwanted items for a commission to get more exposure. Start by listing them on eBay or social media, or host yard sales. Make sure to take good pictures and write good descriptions, and you’ll be able to sell your items for more profit.
- Work online. You can work at home by doing tasks for companies like Instacart or Shipt, and earn anywhere from a few cents to several dollars per hour. This is a great way to make extra money from home and will be a steady source of income. You can also become a brand ambassador by advertising discount codes on social media platforms, such as Twitter or Facebook. This will earn you a percentage of sales from each sale you make.
- Handmade craft. Another great option for making extra cash is to create craft items. Many people find that selling craft-made products allows them to earn some extra. There are a lot of individuals and businesses willing to buy handmade goods if they meet eco-standards. Some people even sell such products as craft-made soap or homemade furniture on Kijiji or eBay.
- Renting out your spare room on Airbnb is another great idea to earn. The ideal Airbnb host is welcoming and will provide basic amenities, but will also offer perks. Renting out your room to vacationers requires responsibility. You must provide tenants with clean accommodation, linen and hygiene items, internet and other amenities. Most likely you will have to invest some money in this business, but as a result, it will bring you additional income.
There are many other job options available, such as bike couriering and food delivery. You can turn on the time you’re available to be a rideshare driver and decide how much you want to make. Once you’ve made up your mind, you’ll be making extra cash!
What skills do you need to find side jobs?
Many side jobs don’t require formal education or licensing and can help you supplement your income as you pursue your passions. However, some of them may still require you to have the right skills for a specific job.
If you’re good at digital marketing, you might want to consider doing SEO or copywriting. This will allow you to develop skills that translate well to the job market. You’ll also need a strong understanding of online traffic and social media.
If you have a strong grasp of English, you can start a proofreading business. Proofreading jobs require a keen eye for detail and strong English grammar skills. Some companies require proofreaders who speak various languages.
If you can edit photos, you may start a photography side hustle. It is important to learn basic editing and photography skills. A good photographer can earn a good side income with this job.
One of the best ways to make extra money with your talents is to tutor kids. There are many opportunities out there for people with teaching experience. For example, a high-quality online video can make you rich. Another option is to tutor English as a second language. While this may require additional skills, it’s a great side gig and offers the flexibility of working from home. To qualify for this side hustle, you need to have teaching credentials.
In addition to making extra money, side projects can be considered extra proof of your abilities. For instance, you can list your side projects in your resume as if they were full-time positions.
So, what are you waiting for? There’s no reason why you can’t make money with these side jobs!