Mobile games have taken the world to storm. The youth, kids even elders are all fond of playing mobile games. We can say that it has become our favourite time pass in the present scenario. Even many have started making money out of it by becoming a professional gamer.
As per a recent study, the mobile gaming industry made a revenue of $93.2 billion in 2021, and it will grow at a CAGR of 13.3% from 2022 to 2027, to reach $176.9 billion by 2027.
Don’t you want to be a part of this billion-dollar industry? But for that, you need to have a great game idea, and the most important thing is to develop it using the right technology or tool.
Many tools and technologies are available in the market for developing mobile games. But among all of them, Unity is considered the best tool.
Any guesses about what is Unity? What are its benefits, and how to develop an app with it?
Don’t worry. We will tell you everything about it. So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
What is Unity?
Unity is a cross-platform game engine developed by Unity Technologies. It is used to create video games and other simulations for computers, consoles, and mobile devices.
The engine can be used to create 3-dimensional, 2-dimensional, virtual reality, and augmented reality games. It is written in C++ and runs under Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, and other Unix-like systems.
Many industries use Unity for creating architectural visualizations and simulations, training simulations, automobile walkarounds, and animated characters for films and TV series. It is also being used in the construction, mining, and automotive industries to create interactive three-dimensional applications.
The top business giants like Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Disney, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, NASA, and Ubisoft are using Unity to develop their next project.
Some popular games like Assassin’s Creed: Identity, Angry Birds 2, Pokémon Go, and Monument Valley 2 are developed using Unity.
Why is Unity Best for Developing Mobile Games?
Mobile gaming apps are developed using different game engines. However, most popular and successful mobile games are built with Unity. It offers many benefits that other game engines do not provide.
Some of the benefits of developing mobile games with Unity are listed below:
1.2D &3D Support- Unity offers 2D and 3D game development support. So, you can create any game using Unity.
- Excellent Design Interface- Unity provides an excellent design interface that helps create high-quality graphics for your game.
- Cross-Platform Support-The games developed using Unity can be easily played on different platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, etc. It is because Unity supports cross-platform game development.
- Less Coding Required- Unity requires less coding than other game engines. So, it is easier to develop mobile games with Unity.
- Extensive Asset Library-The asset store of Unity contains a wide range of resources that can be used in game development. It saves a lot of time and effort.
- Free to Use- Unlike other popular game engines, Unity is available for free. You need to pay some charges to use advanced features or publish your game on different platforms.
- Easy to Use-Unity is considered one of the easiest game engines. Even a non-technical person with no coding knowledge can develop mobile games using Unity. Though, it will lack a quality that an experienced developer can easily provide your application.
- Great Pricing Policy- The pricing policy of Unity is quite flexible. You can choose the subscription plan as per your requirement and budget.
- Regular Updates-The Unity team regularly releases new updates. So, you can always stay up-to-date with the latest trends in game development.
- Excellent Community Support-If you face any issue while developing your game, you can get help from the large and helpful Unity community.
How to Develop a Mobile Game App with Unity?
Now that you know about the benefits of developing mobile games with Unity, you must be wondering how to create a mobile game app with Unity.
Don’t worry. We will tell you everything about it. So, let’s get started.
- Install Unity-Firstly, you need to download and install Unity on your computer.
- Choose the Project Type- After installing Unity, you need to choose the project type. For developing a mobile game, you need to select the 3D option.
- Configure the Project Settings-Next, you need to configure the project settings per your requirements.
- Import Assets- Now, you need to import all the assets you want to use in your game. These assets can be downloaded from the Unity asset store.
- Create Game Objects- Once all the assets are imported, you must create different game objects like a player, enemy, etc.
- Add Components- You need to add different components to your game objects. These components will help in giving functionality to your game objects.
- Write Scripts- Next, you need to write scripts to give functionality to your game. It is not necessary to write scripts if you are using pre-built assets.
- Build and Run Your Game-Finally, you need to build and run your game. You can test your game on different platforms like Android, iOS, etc.
- Publish Your Game- Once you are satisfied with your game, you can publish it on different app stores like Google Play Store, Apple App Store, etc.
So, these are the important steps that you need to follow to develop a mobile game app with Unity.
How does Quytech help you to develop a unity-based mobile game?
If you want to develop a high-quality mobile game, you can take help from Quytech. It is one of the leading IT companies that provides app development, web development, AR/VR development, etc.
The team of Quytech consists of experienced and skilled developers who have expertise in developing Unity-based mobile games. They have created many successful games with Unity. So, you can be sure that your game will be in safe hands.
Mobile games are becoming more popular with each passing day. And Unity is the best game engine for developing mobile games. So, if you want to build a mobile game, we recommend you use Unity.
If you don’t have any knowledge of game development, then you can take help from an IT company that specializes in Unity-based game development. They will help you in developing a high-quality mobile game.