34 ChatGPT Stats to Amaze You! [New Version Launch – Feb 2023]
ChatGPT has broken many benchmarks since its introduction by Open AI.
The reason is the extraordinary working ability and performance of this chatbot.
Open AI launched ChatGPTat the end of Nov 2022 and gained extraordinary hype in a few days only.
People on social media platforms are chattering about their experiences both fun and interesting with this very amazing chatting bot.
Let’s find out how ChatGPT is doing in stats!
But before that a little about ChatGPT for people who are just aware of the term.
About ChatGPT: Quick Glance!
- ChatGPT expanded form is Chat Generative Pre-Trained Transformer.
- The method used to train this chatbot is RLHF (Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback).
- Its model is defined as Fine-tuned GPT-3.5 (text-DaVinci-003)
- ChatGPT was trained using 1,023 A100 GPUs by OpenAI.
- Its knowledge base is up to 2021.
- The cloud infrastructure of Microsoft Azure is used by ChatGPT, to make sure the speed and scalability required to operate its AI training and inference tasks.
- ChatGPT Plus costs $20 to users while it offers free service during research preview.
- Also, ChatGPT is not correct with the answers always!
Must say, ChatGPT is not amazing people with the answers only… you will find the following stats amazing as well.
Let’s find out!
User ChatGPT Stats:
- One of the ChatGPT user stats, which is absolutely insane, is that it gained 1 Million users in the first 5 days from its launch. Other big tech companies took much extra time to reach their first million users. Facebook took 10 months to reach the 1 million mark, while Twitter took 2 years, and Netflix took 3.5 years. But, this extraordinary tool made a huge record by gaining the same in only 5 days.
Source- ChatGPT User Stats
- In its first month, the chatbot gathered 57 million monthly active users.
- While by the end of January 2023, they got 100 Million users in just 2 months of its launch.
- After reaching 100 million users in 2 months, it set a record and became the fastest-growing consumer application in history.
- Now, ChatGPT has over 500 Million users.
- It has estimated 13 Million daily visitors in 2023.
- 3% of its users are from the age group 25 to 34 years old.
ChatGPT Revenue Stats
- People are predicting its revenue to reach $200 Million by the end of 2023 and $1 Billion by the end of 2024.
ChatGPT Website Traffic Stats
- 5% of the ChatGPT traffic is organic and 0.03% is through paid display channels.
- The top traffic sources are direct and referral, 66.13% and 23.41% respectively.
- Around 266 million people visited the chat.openai.com website in the month of December 2022.
- An estimated 96 million people browse Chat GPT each month.
- The website got 28 million visits on January 31 from 15.7 million unique users, which was the highest traffic in a day.
- The average session timewas 7 minutes and 23 seconds, according to the data.
- ChatGPT owner OpenAI also got into the top 50 global sites as visits hit 672 million.
- For an understanding, ChatGPT is asked around 10 million questions per day.
Web Traffic Through Different Countries
- Overall, the US Traffic on its official website has increased by 1448% after the arrival of ChatGPT.
- 36% of its traffic is the from US.
- Other countries after the USare India and France from which ChatGPT gets the most traffic, i.e. 7.07% and 4.35% respectively.
- Germany and UK are not much behind France, contributing 3.65% and 3.52% traffic respectively.
- The combined minor traffic from other nations is only about 66.06%.
Web Traffic through Social Media:
- YouTube contributes almost half of the social referral web traffic of ChatGPT, which is 51.47%
- Facebook and Twitter contribute28.02% of its traffic by social media, i.e. 11.75% and 16.27% respectively.
- While other social media sources contribute with minor traffic ~11.71%.
Web Traffic through searched Keywords:
- The most traffic-gaining keyword is “Chat GPT Login” giving 2.9 million estimated web visits.
- Next comes “Chat OpenAI” and “OpenAI Chat” with traffic shares of 1.6 Million and 836.2K respectively.
- “Chat.OpenAI” and “ChatGPT Login” contributes 733.9K and 536.4K of traffic respectively.
- All other keywords combine give 8.8K web visits.
According to Google Trends, before the recent version launch, there were no trend statistics available for the word “ChatGPT,” but interest in the term reached a peak in Feb 2023.
Data System ChatGPT Stats
- The total data system stores over 500 GB of trained data.
- With a set of 300 billion words and 175 billion parameters, the utility can respond to different user queries.
- Total text data size is 570 GB.
- Interestingly, as per reports, the data model training of ChatGPT took just 34 days.
- 60% of ChatGPT data is collected after 8 years of crawling different websites and metadata.
Fund Raise ChatGPT Stats
- Open AI, the parent company of ChatGPT, has received $11 billion in financing overall.
This is by far the highest fund raised by Open AI ever, in January 2023.
The ChatGPT stats shows that its usage is endless and on a rise.
We can see its applications in a variety of fields, including business,AI blog writing, marketing, computing, and academia.
With the release of ChatGPT 3.5, we now have great hopes for upcoming AI models.
Also, users are eagerly waiting for the release ofits next wonder version.
People are speculating that ChatGPT will strike Google a little harder in the near future… As people are already making queries to ChatGPT instead of Google.
What do you think about it? Do you know other ChatGPT stats that I forgot to mention?
Let me know in the comments section.