Fashion trends change so fast that it is often too complicated for a man to keep up with them. Many fashion magazines are filled with complicated instructions and even the clothes worn by the models are difficult to distinguish, let alone imitate.
Many men simply cannot handle all of this confusion and just give up on trying to follow any fashion trend at all. However, you do not need to know all the intricate details before you can start following some fashion trends.
There are simple ways for men who want to look stylish without having to make major changes in their wardrobe or knowledge of current fashions. Here are 5 simple fashion tips that come straight from Vogue’s editors themselves:
1) Accessorize! There is nothing wrong with accessorizing your everyday look. Whether you are going to school, work, seeing friends, or even on a date, accessorizing is very important!
For example, if you are wearing simple jeans and a t-shirt you can give your outfit more style by adding accessories like bracelets or necklaces.
You could also use belts, jackets, scarves, or sunglasses to help glam up your look. Even though this might seem unnecessary for some men it will actually make them appear more stylish than they really are.
2) Upgrade Your Shoes! Never underestimate the power of shoes !! Many people think that since they live in Seattle where the weather only allows for boots, sneakers, or flats that there is no need to own a variety of shoes. But this is a big mistake! If you dress well, with the right accessories, then your shoes have the opportunity to upgrade an outfit from ‘casual’ to ‘formal’.
For example, for those who work in an office where jeans and t-shirts are considered casual, consider wearing loafers or classy boots instead of sneakers if you want to look more professional. Instead of boots try Oxford shoes, either black or brown is fine. And rather than lace-up sneakers choose lace-ups with a less sporty sole.
3) Do Not Underestimate a Tie! Ties are often used by men as a way to tame down any outfit that they feel is too wild. But if you know how to tie a good knot and you choose the right type of tie, it can actually upgrade your overall look.
For example, if you are wearing casual jeans and a t-shirt try adding a skinny black tie. This is far more stylish than using a belt. If you are unsure of how to tie this kind of knot then simply go on YouTube or ask someone who knows how to do it for you.
4) Color Matching Matters! Try not to wear completely different colors together. You should try to match most colors or at least choose two colors that blend well with each other when putting an outfit together.
For example, try pairing turquoise (shoes), blue (jeans), and green (shirt) altogether. If you do this correctly then it will make your outfit look more stylish than if you wore completely different colors altogether.
5) Layering is Key! You should always be wearing multiple layers of clothing, even during the summer months. This way, when people see you they will assume that you are trendy simply because everything about your outfit appears to be ‘of the moment. They might not know why it looks good but they will know that it does because so many people are doing it right now! For example, if you are wearing a t-shirt or tank top try adding Men Blazers or a denim jacket over it. You can also layer shirts, jumpers, cardigans, etc.
These 5 fashion tips are great for making you look good without having to spend a lot of money or time finding new clothes. You can wear these outfits to any occasion and they will make you appear more stylish than other men who do not know how to dress well.
In addition, if you have trouble following these tips then simply keep wearing the same thing over and over again. The reason being is that as long as everything matches then it does not matter what specific articles of clothing you are wearing together because it will still look good! For example, instead of buying a different style of shoes try using belts, scarfs, sunglasses, bracelets, socks, hats, etc…
For those who want an even less ‘fussy’ look then just wear jeans and t-shirts. Even though this can be considered to be ‘slob fashion’ it is also very popular right now, even in the workplace.
Visit for more articles: forbesblog.org