Most people know that Google is the king of search. But did you also know that they are a significant player in online advertising?
If you want to monetize your website with ads, you need to use Google AdX.
This blog post will show you how to get a Google AdX account. Stay tuned!
Table of Contents
What is Google AdX?
Google AdX is a program that allows ad buyers to purchase ad space on Google’s search results pages. AdX is different from other Google advertising programs in that it will enable buyers to buy ad space on a cost-per-thousand-impressions (CPM) basis, as opposed to the typical cost-per-click (CPC) basis.
Needs of Google AdX?
Here are a few key reasons someone might want to use Google AdX.
- First, it can help you reach a larger audience than you would be able to organically. Google AdX gives you access to their powerful advertisement platform, which can help increase your visibility and reach potential customers to whom you may not have otherwise had access.
- Second, Google AdX can be very effective in cost-per-click (CPC). CPC is the amount you pay each time someone clicks on your ad. Because of the large volume of traffic that goes through Google, they can charge a lower CPC than other advertising platforms. You can get more bang for your buck with Google AdX.
- Third, Google AdX is a very flexible platform. There are a variety of ad formats that you can use, which gives you the ability to experiment and find what works best for your business. This flexibility can be precious in finding the right formula for success.
Eligibility requirements for google AdX:
When it comes to online advertising, Google is the 800-pound gorilla. They offer two different ad platforms for publishers: AdSense and AdX.
AdSense is their self-serve platform – any publisher who meets their quality guidelines can apply for an account and get started relatively quickly.
AdX, on the other hand, is their premium platform reserved for preferred publishers with at least 5 million monthly page views. There’s a significant difference in traffic requirements between the two platforms.
What does AdX offer that justifies those higher traffic requirements?
For starters, AdX allows publishers to plan, negotiate, and book direct programmatic deals all in one place. This alone can save a lot of time and effort.
In addition, AdX provides better filtering, blocking, and revenue reporting tools than AdSense.
And perhaps most importantly, AdX gives publishers access to vast global demand featuring the best advertisers and brands.
If you’re a publisher meeting traffic requirements, Google AdX could be a great way to maximize your revenue potential.
The high Entry Barriers for AdX:
AdX is Google’s premium ad exchange, with high entry barriers for publishers. To be accepted into AdX, publishers must have a minimum of 5 million monthly page views.
This is because AdX is meant for high-quality publishers who can provide a large traffic volume. CPM campaigns are the most common type of campaign on AdX, and they require a lot of impressions to succeed.
Therefore, the high entry barrier ensures that only the most qualified publishers can join AdX. This benefits advertisers and users, as they can be confident that the ads they see on AdX-enabled sites are of the highest quality.
This ensures that the ads will be seen by engaged consumers who are more likely to convert, resulting in a higher ROI for the advertiser. Consequently, the high pageview requirement is simply a reflection of the value that AdX brings to advertisers.
Methods to get Google Ad Exchange (Google AdX) Account
AdX Access Through a Google Partner
Access to AdX is typically restricted to larger publishers. There is a method for newcomers to access AdX and the greater demand for it, and that’s by partnering with a Google Certified Publishing Partner.
Google Partners are carefully vetted and approved by Google, and they must meet strict criteria to maintain their certification. As a result, working with a Partner is the best way to ensure that as many people will see your ads as possible.
How to get your own Google AdX account?
The first step is to create a Google Ad Manager account and request access from your dedicated account manager.
- To be eligible for an adx account, your site must meet specific traffic and content requirements:
- At least 5 million monthly pageviews
- Brand-safe content that avoids blacklisted keywords
- Prohibited topics
- Your inventory must be available for purchase via an ads.txt file.
- You may need to meet additional viewability and safety standards set by Google.
Once you’ve been approved for an AdX account, you can start using DFP to serve high-quality ads to your readers and earn more revenue for your site.
Google AdX is an excellent way for publishers to maximize their revenue potential. The high entry barriers ensure that only the most qualified publishers can join AdX, benefiting advertisers and users. To access AdX, publishers can partner with a Google Certified Publishing Partner. It’s an easy way to access AdX and the greater demand for it. If you’re looking to get your business off the ground, partnering with a Google Partner should be at the top of your list.