If you’re in the market for a new hair straightener, you might feel slightly overwhelmed by all the options. With so many different brands and hair straighteners, how can you know which one is right for you? In this blog post, we’ll break down everything you need to know about hair straighteners to find the best one for your needs.
Types of Hair Straighteners
The GHD straightener is a popular option for many people in today’s market. When it comes to their hair straighteners, there are popular types: ceramic, ionic, and titanium..
Ceramic Hair Straighteners
Ceramic hair straighteners are among the most popular types on the market. They use ceramic plates to smooth and straighten your hair. A ceramic hair straightener is a great option if you have easy-to-manage, relatively straight hair.
Ionic Hair Straighteners
Ionic hair straighteners are also known for being very popular. They use negative ions to help straighten your hair, and they’re especially good at helping to reduce frizz. An ionic hair straightener is a good choice if you have frizzy or unruly hair.
Titanium Hair Straighteners
Titanium hair straighteners are the newest type of hair straightener on the market. They use titanium plates to smooth and straighten your hair. Titanium is very strong, so titanium hair straighteners can straighten even the most stubborn hair. A titanium hair straightener is a good option if you have curly or thick hair.
Choosing the Right Heat Settings
One of the most important things to consider when choosing a hair straightener is what temperature settings it has. If you have thin or damageable hair, you’ll want to avoid high heat settings as they can cause significant damage. However, higher heat settings may be necessary for thicker or more resilient hair to achieve the desired results.
However, nowadays, many hair straighteners come with adjustable heat settings. It means that you can tailor the heat of the hair straightener to your specific hair type, which is a great way to ensure that you’re not causing any unnecessary damage. It will also save you from buying multiple hair straighteners for different hair types.
In addition to the type and temperature settings of your hair straightener, there are a few other things you’ll want to keep in mind when making your purchase. These include:
- The size of the plates: If you have shorter hair, smaller plates will be sufficient. However, you’ll need larger plates to achieve even results if you have longer or thicker hair.
- The material of the plates: Most plates are made from ceramic, but some are made from titanium or tourmaline. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks, so be sure to do your research before deciding.
- Automatic shut-off: Many hair straighteners now come with an automatic shut-off feature. This great safety feature will prevent your hair straightener from accidentally being left on.
- Warranty: It’s always a good idea to buy a hair straightener with a warranty. This way, you can be sure that your purchase is protected in case anything goes wrong. Also, register your hair straightener with the manufacturer to take advantage of any extended warranties they may offer.
- Price: Hair straighteners range in price from around $20 to $200. The price you’re willing to pay will depend on your budget and your needs. Be sure to do your research and read reviews before making a purchase.
Straighten Your Hair the Right Way
Now that you know all about hair straighteners, it’s time to start straightening your hair the right way. Be sure to follow these tips to achieve the best results:
- Clean and dry your hair: Before you begin straightening it, ensure it is clean and dry. If your hair is dirty or wet, the heat from the hair straightener will cause it to damage more easily.
- Divide your hair into sections: To avoid missing any spots, be sure to divide your hair into sections before you start straightening it. You can use clips or hair ties to keep each section separate.
- Start at the roots: When straightening your hair, start at the roots. This will give you the best results.
- Don’t go over the same section more than once: If you go over the same area of hair multiple times, you risk damaging it. Once you’ve straightened a section of hair, move on to the next section.
- Use a heat protectant: Be sure to use a heat protectant before you begin straightening your hair. It will help to protect your hair from the heat of the hair straightener.
- Be careful with the tips of your hair: The ends of your hair are the most delicate part, so be sure to take extra care when straightening them.
- Let your hair cool before you style it: After you’ve straightened your hair, let it cool before you begin styling it. It will help to set your style and prevent your hair from being damaged.
There’s a lot to consider when choosing a new hair straightener. But if you take the time to research your options and find one that suits your needs, you’ll be one step closer to achieving salon-quality results at home! Be sure to follow the tips above to achieve the best results.