Online Cricket Betting in India in 2022
Betting in India started a long time ago. The first bets were placed on an extremely violent spectacle: cockfighting. Since then, betting has undergone many changes. In the early 19th century, the first gambling establishments began to appear here, where people relaxed in the evenings. The most popular sport was cricket. However, in 1867, the government of British India passed a law banning gambling activities in the country. This law has been in force ever since and no one is allowed to set up or visit a gambling establishment in India.
Betting on Cricket Today
Today, cricket betting is done through online cricket bookmakers. And of course, it’s not just cricket that’s being bet on in the country. Bookmakers in 2022 have created incredibly strong competition in the betting market. That’s because India is currently home to around 1.4 billion people – almost 20% of the world’s population! Every one of the inhabitants knows about cricket, as it is recognised as the national sport here. This is the reason why many bookmakers are looking to enter the Indian market and make money from customers who love to bet on cricket.
Indian Betting Market
In 2022, the market is represented by a huge variety of choices. You can find bookmakers for cricket betting only, as well as bookmakers who will also offer bets on e-sports. It is easier to list the relatively recent innovations:
- Streaming directly on the bookmaker’s website;
- Live betting;
- Access to all of the world’s competitions;
- Bonuses for newcomers and promotions for regular customers;
- Technical support through various communication channels;
- Sports betting tips and more.
How to Choose Cricket Bookmakers
Choosing an online cricket bookmaker in India is a crucial process for anyone who wants to start betting on the sport. Due to the huge competition and availability of a huge number of offers, it is quite difficult to do so. After all, it is notoriously difficult to find the truly important information in a flood of all sorts of information. We do, however, recommend some tips to help you choose a cricket bookmaker for online betting:
- Read betting tips. This is not the kind of advice you are reading right now. We advise you to check out the various top cricket betting sites and apps;
- Explore cricket betting sites. No matter what you say, the most important information and accurate information is on the official cricket bookmakers;
- Read reviews. Feedback from users who have already used the bookmaker’s services is vital for those who are just getting to know something about a particular sportsbook.
You already know what you need to study to find out which bookmaker is good and which one is bad. But how do you know? There are a huge number of factors that influence the level of a bookmaker and here are a few of them:
- Availability of a license;
- Protection of user data;
- Protection of funds;
- Ability to withdraw winnings;
- Variety of payment methods;
- Speed of transactions;
- Transparency of the bookmaker’s actions towards you;
- Possibility to contact technical support, etc.
Thank you for reading our article, in which considerable effort has been put into researching the cricket betting market. We hope that you have found useful tips here for yourself and will use them in the future. We wish you the best of luck in choosing a bookmaker and in your first experience!