The Delhi Subordinate Selection Board has recently released the exam pattern of 2022. First of all, the exam will be conducted through two distinctive stages. Candidates who are aspiring for the job role must check out the latest paper along with the marks pattern. Being one of the designated posts of Govt. engineering sector, the competition for this test is going to be tough!
There are many students who successfully cracked the exam in one go! If you want to be one of them you need to follow a defined roadmap before starting the preparation. The first step is to understand the syllabus thoroughly and then revise them as much as possible. In this article, you will get all the details and strategies of the DSSB JE exam preparation.
Exam Pattern of DSSSB JE Exam
First and foremost, the candidate should be aware of the DSSSB JE exam pattern. In order to formulate the strategy, you need to adopt a smart technique. The exam is divided into two tiers. For tier one, you will have five sections of a total of 100 marks. And tier two comprises problem-solving skills and technical subjects.
The first step is to clear the selection test. There will be only multiple-choice questions for this section. And the final paper covers the chapter on Electrical Engineering and Civil Engineering. Each paper contains 100 marks with 0.25 negative marking. Check out the marks division of section one below:
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|Arithmetical & Numerical Skill
|Hindi Language & Comprehension Skill
|English Language & Comprehension
Next comes the final round of the selection. The marks of the final paper are a key factor in choosing the able candidate. Like the first section, it also comprises multiple-choice questions. There will be 50 questions. 2 hours and 30 minutes are allotted for the text. Marks division of section two:
Cut-off of the DSSSB JE Exam
Just like the exam pattern the cut off marks help the candidate to set a goal. Take a look at the cut off marks as instructed by the commission:
- For general candidates, the qualifying percentage is 40%
- For OBC the percentage is 35%.
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates the percentage is 30%.
Tips and Tricks to Pass DSSSB JE Exam
Look, lakhs of candidates around the nation apply for the post. In fact, they all follow the recommended books. However, very few of them pass the DSSSB JE exam at one go, so what strategy do they follow? Take a look:
- Plan a schedule for exam preparation. Choose a comfortable timing for yourself and divide the time to cover the different sections.
- When you complete the syllabus, try out different DSSSB JE mock test papers available at BYJU’s Exam Prep. Try to improve the score in every attempt. Also, make a point to rectify the errors after every test.
- Start revising at least 10 days before the exam. Also, look back at the critical once at least two days before the final exam.
- Rest is very important. Do not tire your brain on the day before the exam. Take adequate rest and sleep so that you can perform well.
The commission will release a merit list based on the final marks obtained in the tier-II exam. Hence, you must score high in order to pass the selection process.